First Garage Wines Contestinserito da Filippo Ronco
- feed di questo blog
- nella categoria "Iniziative, curiosità, contest"
- questo contenuto è disponibile anche in lingua inglese
Here is the amateur vintner ("garagista") we have in mind:
a) he/she is a true amateur
b) is a non profit wine producers
c) has no tax code number and is not backed by a commercial vinery
How it works
Terroir Vino, along with Vinix Unplugged is an event characterized by the ability to involve the majority of the Italian wine & food blogosphere. It's a tasting moment of course, but it is also an opportunity to make direct comparisons and to establish relationships between the various actors in the industry. Thus we decided to create a little "contest" for amateur vintners to coincide with our Vinix Unplugged Dinner and preceding Terroir Vino 2010. All interested amateur vintners can submit their samples to the TigullioVino Commission (the same one that selects wines for Terroir Vino), which will then select the best ones. The amateur vintners selected by the Commission will be asked to participate in person at the Vinix Unplugged Dinner (Sunday, June 6th, 2010, the day before TerroirVino) where all the bloggers, producers and wine lovers can taste them. In the same spirit of utmost informality that characterizes the event, the winner will be determined by "acclamation," The winners will be awarded with a free exhibition stand at Terroir Vino 2010 (Monday June 7th), where they will have the honor (and the burden) of facing the opinions of bloggers nd wine lovers, alongside with the professional producers.
All candidates should follow these rules:
- 1. Applications are already open: just send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. Wines for GWC must reach the Commission no later than May 9, 2010
- Given the small amounts produced by amateur vintners, they should guarantee a minimum of 1 bottle for TigullioVino.it tasting panel (capped with silicone plug to avoid bad surprises), at least 4 to 6 bottles for Vinix Unplugged Tasting Dinner and at least 6 bottles for Terroir Vino 2010.
Amateur vintners, don't be afraid, you're all invited!